Following a number of successful years, the client I'm representing are looking to recruit a Shift Supervisor, which they can hopefully progress through their business, to support any future growth. A fast-paced distribution business based in Leeds, which offers a highly efficient service to customers throughout the UK.
As the Depot Shift Supervisor you will be accountable for the following:
- Support the Shift Manager with ensuring all Warehouse Operational Staff comply with all aspects of Legal and Company defined legislation's and policies.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the achievement of all targets
- Manage effective allocation of Staff to various Warehouse duties to ensure completion of designated daily duties
- Ensure all goods received and sent out are checked for faults and reported to the relevant parties where necessary.
- Ensure high levels of count accuracy at Stock Audits - effectively communicating stock discrepancies, shortages or problem areas to Line Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure the current legislation for storage, transporting on site and manual handling are adhered to.
- Assist in daily operational duties of the Warehouse loading and unloading at 'Goods-In' and 'Goods-Out' points.
- Ensure all received stock is 'put-away' in the correct locations within the Warehouse and all goods due for dispatch are processed, picked and loaded correct to customer order and DC requirements.
- Ensure any movement of goods within the Warehouse environment is efficient and accurate according to instruction.
- Ensure out-bound vehicles are loaded in a proper, safe, manner according to instruction, Company Practice and current Legislation.
- Ensure documentation is correct to vehicle & load prior to vehicle release from site.
- Ensure you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
The ideal candidate for the Depot Shift Supervisor role will have ideally already gained experience in a similar role, working within a fast-moving distribution environment.
I'm looking for someone who's ambitious, someone who's looking for an opportunity to further develop in their career.
£23,000 - £25,000
Monday - Friday