Direct Purchasing Manager EMEA
Global Chemicals Firm
€70K - €85K + benefits + bonus
Contact Eddy, JobsEH@bramwithconsulting.com
Arising from new incentives to centralise and refine the procurement process for raw materials and commodities, this global chemicals and manufacturing firm is seeking a highly experienced chemicals expert to improve and centralise the procurement processes for all chemical and raw materials purchasing across Europe.
You will be engaging with suppliers across the EMEA region and assigning categories and vendors to your 3 direct reports and other strategic buyers within the procurement organisation. You will be applying your refined managerial skills together with your advanced understanding of chemicals and chemicals procurement when actively attaining optimal procurement synergies.
As the Direct Purchasing Manager EMEA, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting supplier performance to ensure that supplier targets are met and proactively mediate and resolve issues when strategic buyers and procurement stakeholders are confronted with persistent supplier issues
- Collaborating with other functions such as the Raw Material Technical Group to advise on alternative materials and sources as well as the Regional Commercial Leaders and Financial Directors in order to report and recommend on strategic opportunities when price movements and market trends have been identified
- Provide monthly reports on country data, forecasted prices, negotiated contracts and future initiatives when discussing strategic objectives with senior level stakeholders such as the Director of Procurement and the Senior VP of EMEA
- Applying your expert knowledge and extensive understanding of chemicals and raw materials procurement when analyzing key supply markets and pricing trends which will form the basis of initiating cost-effective solutions
- Effectively develop and improve the supplier network and align the strategic buyers' management of their vendor management in order to retain world class suppliers and negotiate mutually advantageous contractual terms.
Key skills and experience required as Direct Purchasing Manager EMEA:
- Previous experience in a team lead role within direct procurement whereby you have demonstrated and achieved a culture of continuous improvement and transparent communication through training and appraisals
- Extensive understanding of chemicals and raw materials procurement whereby you can expertly identify appropriate substitutes for chemical fluids and materials and consequently elect the optimal raw materials based on price at any given time
- A Bachelor's or a Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, related fields or otherwise a substantial commercial track record within chemicals and raw materials
You will be joining a proactive team with unique skillsets that complements one another who value collaboration and dedication to respective goals. You will share in the company's achievements as your initiatives and ideas drive the company's supply strategy. To apply, please send a copy of your resume to Eddy at[email removed] or click the apply button on this page.