Our client is a leading retail business.
The Distribution Centre Manager will be based at one of our clients sites in North London and will be responsible for managing the Shift Managers and DC team to ensure efficient inbound of supplier deliveries and outbound delivery customer orders. You will have ownership and accountability for costs within the DC with further key responsibilities including:
- To manage the customer-facing side of the DC with accountability for store out-bound 'to customer' deliveries.
- Ownership and accountability for interfacing with retail teams to address cross functional operational issues and identify cross functional performance improvement opportunities.
- To support the achievement of excellence in customer service from delivery teams.
- To assure consistently high standards of customer service and operational excellence in the DC.
- To lead, coach, develop and motivate the DC team.
- Accountable for optimal utilisation of transport fleet for store to customer e.g. optimising load volumes per store.
- Responsible for appraisals and performance and development plans of DC Shift Managers, and training and development in the DC.
- Accountable for auditable compliance on vehicle and trailer maintenance, truck downloads, driver time directives.
- Accountable for ensuring DC Shift Managers conduct required level checks e.g. vehicle unit, warehouse.
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety and housekeeping compliance.
- Accountable for the control of costs e.g. overtime spend, contractor spend.
- To manage any disciplinaries, sickness and people issues with appropriate support from HR
The successful Distribution Centre Manager will be based within a commuting distance of North London and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have run a similar sized Distribution Centre and be biased towards transport management.
- Ideally have overseen a customer facing driver operation.
- Excellent leadership skills and examples of team management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous budget management experience.
- Capable of managing poor performance and encouraging great performance.
- Must be fully conversant with the Transport Law governing Driving Hours.
A competitive basic salary and set of employment terms is on offer for the successful candidate.