The client is a leading third party logistics company with offices across the UK. They offer significant opportunities for career progression as well as training and development in a dynamic working environment.
The Distribution, customer service and Planning General Manager will be based out of the Energy team at my clients Manchester location.
The role is responsible for the order capture, planning and delivery of over 2 billion litres of fuel to a range of key customers across the whole of the UK which include petrol filling stations, airports and commercial premises.
The responsibilities will include:
- Giving direction and monitoring performance to ensure activities and deliveries run efficiently. The candidate will have direct responsibility for customer ordering, routing and dispatch activities for ground fuels and aviation products.
- To ensure the department always delivers a 1st class service to the customer
- Making sure there is always effective communication delivered to the Operational team and that communications are planned including managing daily activity and also providing feedback on performance.
- Working with the business development team to identify opportunities for growth.
- Developing a talented team to create succession plans and future key roles in the department.
- Working closely with the National Operations team and Contract Managers to ensure excellent levels of resources are supplied to meet demand profile.
- Making sure financial performance is within budget with significant involvement in managing the P & L of the activity.
The Distribution, customer service and Planning General Manager will ideally have the following qualities:
- A good people person with experience of managing and developing a team within a logistics environment
- Demonstrated experience at a senior management level within large complex supply chain operations and also a good knowledge of transport legislation.
- Experience of driving a positive and engaging atmosphere.
- National CPC is desirable but not essential.
- Evidence of previous experience in driving continuous improvement
- Able to drive an excellent level of customer service to the customer
- The operation is 24/7 so it is essential that you are flexible to work
The role is based in the Manchester area with onsite parking and close to local bus and train network.
An attractive salary of £45,000 plus benefits including an annual bonus of 15% + private health care.
The working week is mainly Monday to Friday between the hours of either 8am and 4pm or 9am and 5pm. However the operations is 24/7 so there may be times the business requires for you to work additional hours so this candidate must be flexible to work.