Buyer Vegetables - FMCG
£42,000 - £55,000 + 25% Bonus + Package
This FMCG conglomerate has a large market share across Europe and has subsidiaries which include many household brands. Procurement in this highly regarded firm is a hugely successful function with spends reaching into the billions as well as being "Best in Class" which means a seat at the table in this continually expanding company.
Buyer, Vegetables role profile: -
- Sourcing not only locally but from European and Global Markets.
- Managing your own annual budget and quarterly forecasting.
- Supporting monthly price movement including value-adding commentary to inform on any material changes to Procurement plans / projects.
- Ensure supply to 12 manufacturing sites throughout Europe.
- Direct responsibility for a £20-£30 million yearly portfolio in a core category.
- Using market and production expertise to create value by generating Value engineering and Productivity Plans.
- Building relationships with key business stakeholders and create consensus and alignment
- Developing and executing procurement strategies in this core category.
- Negotiating new Supplier Terms and Conditions in line with the Group Procurement Policy
- Identifying and selecting new suppliers.
Required background: -
- Degree or equivalent.
- Ideal opportunity for someone coming off a graduate scheme.
- Previous experience within Global or European sourcing.
- Possess ambition and drive to quickly progress from Buyer to Senior Buyer.
- CIPS qualification preferred not essential.
- Excellent communication skills to influence internal stakeholders / suppliers.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual to progress from Buyer to Senior Buyer within a truly multinational setting within a household brand. If you would like to progress please send your CV to [link removed].
Key skills: Procurement, Purchasing, Middlesex, Vegetable Procurement, Buyer, Ingredients, FMCG