My client is a leading first tier automotive manufacturing organisation
- Responsible for inspiring a shared vision across the teams and influencing others outside of the immediate team to work towards shared goals.
- Challenges current processes and encourages engagement in daily/ weekly/ monthly interactions with team members. Co-ordinates, facilitates, coaches, supports and when appropriate drives team to meet their goals (customer/functional/ scorecard (SQCDP)/ developmental)
- Responsible for effective Facility Planning Management (Planning, Scheduling, and Materials Control): Co-ordinates and maintains the availability of reports and information (to line supervision) in support of rapid response / replenishment demand.
- Ensures that replenishment processes and systems are in place to reduce noise and complexity, while being "in control". Ensure team provides early warning of spiked (abnormal/expected) demand to production & supply teams and supports production/supply smoothing actions.
- Understand and delivers customer needs: Responsible for promise (schedule) dates given by the facility against customer requested dates. Maintains responsive and proactive relationships between team and with CS/Sales contacts responding to routine and urgent requests for information promptly and effectively.
- Inventory control and flow, ensuring integrity in inventory levels, storage, identification, transactions and system data. Responsible for effective warehouse management, inbound material flow, line-side replenishment and materials handling. Implements and delivers KPIs and drives inventory turns improvement agenda.
- Lead and supports high levels of process discipline whilst driving continuous improvement of processes and operational performance of functional responsibilities within the scope of regional/global process owner agreement.
- Leads the team providing coaching and support, but acting decisively when necessary. Works with individuals to discuss, agree and engineer development moves, working collaboratively across the organisation to create career plans. which anticipates future people and organisation needs.
- Ensures that local practice aligns with Global direction and agreed best practice. Establishes strong interconnecting relationships with Global teams. Works to engage Supply Chain partners (internal and external) in meeting and improving customer service whilst optimising operating cost and working capital requirements
- Able to credibly hold the leadership role within production control, internal logistics, supply chain and shipping functions
- Able to create strong representation for the company/ region in tough discussions with Supply Chain partners or in local/regional/global team working.
- Able to think strategically, and experience of translating strategy to drive operational performance
- Experience of leading change and delivering results
- Can Do- Will Do attitude and a high level of resilience
- Able to lead with integrity and role model organisational behaviours.
- Ability to build high performing effective teams
- Ability to effectively influence Stakeholders:
- Confident with VMI/consignment/SOMI, lead-time/MOQ reduction, high levels of repeatability, high integrity "leading" indicators (KPIs).