My client is looking for an experienced export coordinator to join their busy shipping department, you will be responsible for coordinating all freight forwarding activities and ensuring internal systems are updated according to internal audits.
To support the company’s export desks by assuming responsibility for, and completing, high volume process driven tasks
To ensure prompt and efficient service to all external stakeholders.
Distributing documentation electronically to customers, suppliers and third-party contractors in the form of;
• Shipping Schedules
• Creating, updating and filing electronic documentation
• Data entry and processing on in-house order management systems
• Running reports
• Assisting freight and logistic operations
• Working closely with the International Booking teams by ensuring container details/photos are received promptly after container has loaded.
• Submitting VGM details for export containers
• Checking photographs against documentation and also for the purpose of checking material quality
• Supporting documentation assistant with checking draft documents
• Preparing a weekly conversion report based on loaded containers.
• Creating bookings and packing list information from packing lists.
• Providing loading information specific to order/supplier to service providers internationally.
• Must have at least two years’ experience within a logistics coordination role, a focus on freight forwarding and shipping would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail and experience of working with WMS and TMS would be an advantage.
• Numeracy, ability to analyse date and report back in a user friendly manner.
• Ability to prioritise and manage internal and external stakeholders.
• Innovative use of Systems to improve/ease administrative load
• Planning ability, experience of working with contracted transport.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
A salary between £21,000 and £28,000 DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE.