A specialist Logistics business, based in Wakefield, which provide a bespoke transport service to their clients with full UK coverage.
The successful candidate for the First Line Transport Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of operators on a busy transport desk
- Driver briefing and debriefing
- Monitoring all safety checks to ensure the fleet is compliant and vehicles are safely maintained
- Budgetary management
- Driving the team towards their KPI's
- Providing support to the Transport Operations Manager's
- Maintain strong relationships with drivers and suppliers
- Review the strategic transport plans daily in relation to providing cost effective solutions and reacting to unexpected issues.
- Acting as a point of escalation to deal with queries by telephone, fax and e-mail from our customer, sub contract haulier's and warehousing sites.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a good working relationship with team members, vendors, hauliers and partners.
The successful candidate for the First Line Transport Manager will ideally have the following key skills & qualities:
- Previous experience in a management/leadership role within a similar environment
- CPC holder (not essential)
- Have previous transport and office experience and be able to demonstrate a high level of transport knowledge and expertise in a busy and demanding environment
- Experience of transport policy and strategy development along with experience in masterplanning and a good knowledge of transportation and planning systems
- Be able to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Have excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Be able to make decisions under pressure and to a tight timescale
£28,000 - £30,000