My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. They are a global market leading distributor.
The Fleet and Transport Manager in Exeter will be responsible for...
- Ensure that transport labour costs fall within budget and monitor through the implementation of robust control mechanisms.
- Monitor vehicle running costs and investigate when costs are above expected threshold.
- Ensure robust mechanisms are in place for effective management of driver payments.
- The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits.
- The maintenance of the vehicles, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- To ensure a system is in place for the reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers and thereafter the timely rectification of defects reported.
- To ensure compilation and the accuracy of all service and maintenance records kept, which must be for a period of not less than 15 months.
- To ensure that vehicle/s are not overloaded. To show due diligence regular weighing of vehicles/trailers
- To ensure that only authorised vehicles are kept at the authorised Operating Centre(s) when not in use.
- To carry out monthly checks of vehicles/trailers.
- Ensure all customer deliveries are made in the prescribed manner.
- Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available.
- Ensure all documentation is filled in line with statutory requirements.
- Ensure vehicle fuel and oiling arrangements are controlled in the agreed manner.
- Complete monthly Fleet KPI's by agreed deadline and monitor performance. Address issues and create remedial action plans.
- Facilitate the completion of quarterly fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed through the execution of an action plan.
- Investigate customer services issues, provide prompt feedback and implement remedial actions to prevent similar issues.
- Ensure the department meets all H&S requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure the compliance of reverse delivery (Returns) of stock and totes (all types) back to the Service Centre
- Take appropriate steps to maintain IIP accreditation, agreeing clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisal process as per company guidelines.
- Take responsibility for all areas of people management for direct reports including coaching and nurturing talent and motivating the team through effective leadership.
- Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with management colleagues to drive efficiency's across the Service Centre promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assume responsibility for site operation in Service Centre Managers absence.
The Fleet and Transport Manager will have...
- Experience of managing large teams including at various locations.
- Experience of managing managers as direct reports.
- Previous experience of managing a team in achievement of business goals
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with the confidence to learn other systems
- Suits an individual who is organised, analytical, structural, independent, tenacious and comfortable in communicating with others
- Intermediate Numeracy and Literacy
- Ability to use initiative
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of £40,000-£45,000 depending on experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Car
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts