Our client is one of the UK's leading distributors and wholesalers of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products.
- Ensure that transport labour costs fall within budget and monitor through the implementation of robust control mechanisms
- Monitor vehicle running costs and investigate when costs are above expected threshold.
- The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits
- The maintenance of the vehicles, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- To ensure a system is in place for the reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers and thereafter the timely rectification of defects reported.
- Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available.
- Complete monthly Fleet KPI's by agreed deadline and monitor performance. Address issues and create remedial action plans.
- Facilitate the completion of quarterly fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed through the execution of an action plan.
- Investigate customer services issues, provide prompt feedback and implement remedial actions to prevent similar issues.
- Ensure the department meets all H&S requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- CPC holder essential
- Experience of managing large teams including at various locations.
- Previous experience of managing a team in achievement of business goals.
- Experience of managing managers as direct reports.
An attractive basic salary and package will be offered to the successful candidate.