Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long leading Public Sector organisation in Nottingham in their search for a Fleet & Workshop Manager to head up their Fleet department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations along with; Vehicle Maintenance, Servicing, Compliance, Process & Policy along with ensuring sufficient vehicle availability across a broad fleet range of over 500+ unit.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Manage a Fleet of over 500+ units across a mixed fleet.
- Be responsible for the Fleet & Workshop / Engineering Teams.
- Be responsible for compliance & vehicle maintenance.
- Be responsible for providing reliable, clean, safe and functional units.
- Act as Site Manager for DVSA MOT test station and to ensure compliance with any standards, conditions or undertakings required as part of this role.
- Be responsible for adequate planning of resource.
- Ensure robust support structures are in place to enable the safe and efficient delivery of the required output, including facilities, quality, health and safety and environmental management.
- Compile fleet maintenance costs, analyse and highlight any overspend or incorrect charges and challenges.
- Implement fleet improvement initiatives.
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Co-ordinate any third party repairs to the fleet and ensure fleet down time is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all daily/weekly reports are complete within the timescales required.
- Assist the Head of Fleet in the creation and implementation of policy, over-seeing legislative compliance for fleet, both in accordance with the terms of the Operators Licence and duty of care.
The successful candidate for the Fleet & Workshop Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - Essential.
- CPC National / CPC International - Essential.
- City & Guilds, Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair - Desirable.
- Public Sector experience - Advantageous.
- Experience of day-to-day management of a large team of mechanics for HGV, Plant and Light vehicles and administration staff - including performance management.
- A working knowledge of Engineering / Production / Vehicle Maintenance - Essential.
- A proven people manager and leader with experience in managing over c.40 employees through direct reports - Essential.
- Have managed in excess of 450+ units previously.
- Past examples of high delivery within Quality - ISO9001 - Advantageous.
- Past exposure of successfully managing a P&L, along with being commercially minded.
- HGV license - Desirable.
- Be commutable to Nottingham.
This role offers:
- Salary - £38,000 to £40,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus - Performance Related.
- Holidays - 25 + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Plus additional company benefits.