I am actively recruiting for an exciting opportunity in the fast-moving world of air freight. The successful candidate will join a market-leading business with huge opportunities for personal advancement across a two-year 'Freight Clerk' development program.Client Details
My client is a household name in the freight and logistics sector, working with companies as wide-ranging as Jaguar Land Rover to Boots Pharmacy. With offices spanning three separate continents, their business is actively growing in the logistics industry and thus are opening new positions in their East Midlands base.Description
As a Freight Clerk, you will be easily commutable to Castle Donington on a daily basis and report into the Freight Supervisor on site. You will conduct the following duties:
- Answering customer service queries in a timely manner.
- Checking and amending air freight manifests and invoices in line with shipping regulations.
- Preparation of documentation such as Bills of Lading, MAWB's and HAWB's.
- Basic customs compliance and clearance regulations.
- Calculating basic quotes and demurrage charges for customers.
The successful Freight Clerk will ideally have a background in logistics and have the following experience:
- GCSE / A-Level - Pass (ideally educated to a degree level)
- Prior experience in the freight or logistics industry
- Desirable experience in customs compliance or documents
- Ability to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office - Word / Excel / Outlook
- An outstanding telephone manner.