My client is a market leader in their field of freight and provide logistics services to both household names, FTSE-100 businesses and SME manufacturers. Due to the gaining of a large government grant, they are actively looking to expand their Customs Brokerage team with two new Customs Managers.
As a Freight Customs Compliance Manager you will report into the Operations Director on a daily basis and be observed as the expert in your field. You will also conduct the following responsibilities:
- To ensure full compliance (entering through to audit) of Customs Documentation for Air & Road freight shipments
- Utilising knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations to ensure shipment are cleared in a timely manner.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background in either road, air or sea freight and a good knowledge of customs systems, HMRC regimes and query resolution.
- To advise the business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other geo political and legislative change.
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
The successful Freight Customs Compliance Manager will be a leader and expert in the world of customs compliance. You will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- 4+ years experience in Customs Compliance
- Ability to quickly clear both Road & Air Freight Shipments.
- A strong physical understanding of software such as ASM, an understanding of CPC codes, Customs Tariffs and Security Declarations.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable.
- Commutable to Liverpool.
- An understanding of the post-Brexit environment
- Formal qualification in the Customs / Freight arena would be advantageous.
- AEO Knowledge would be desirable.
- 25+8 days annual leave
- 15% management bonus scheme