My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are an exciting family run business within the Freight industry that are rapidly growing due to the results of Brexit.
The Freight Customs Specialist in Bridgend will be responsible for...
- To collect all export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from the Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
- To Follow up with internal teams to obtain missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline. The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- To stay up to date with current legislation and export documentation requirements to ensure compliance.
- To collect and provide the shipping documentation for Letters of Credit, leasing with internal finance, customer service and compliance teams to ensure the understanding of requirements for a letter of credit is met. Contacting and chasing for the documentation required for the letter of credit within a timely manner to ensure Eaton is paid before expiry of the letter of credit.
- Managing customs clearance procedures, Understanding customs borders, import duty/VAT/deferment accounts, HMRC tariff (HS code classification), preparing commercial invoices/packing lists, certificates of origin, EUR1s, applying for export licenses.
- Monitoring and communicating real-time shipment status to buyers and their agents, incl continuous monitoring from start to finish.
- Good range of knowledge of country specific requirements; eg Hungary (EKAER), USA (ISF Filing), completing VAT entry certificates (various EU) etc.
- Letter of Credit shipments Some experience or understanding of preparing documents for surrender to banks for L/C transactions.
The Freight Customs Specialist must have...
- Previous experience working within a Freight Forwarding role
- Understand Custom's Clearance process
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Customer service, communication, negotiation, mediation skills
- Planning and organisational ability
- Geographical knowledge
- Ability to remain focused, flexible and calm under pressure
- Ability to use key IT systems
- Ability to work to tight deadline
- Be immediately available or able to start within two weeks
The Freight Customs Specialist would receive...
- A salary of £30,000-£40,000 depending on experience
- Immediate start available
- Pension Scheme
- Progression Opportunities
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday-Friday Day Shifts