You will join a new team which has been created with the Public Sector.
In the role of Freight Desk Operations Controller you will be manning the Freight Desk to liaise and advise on Transportation solutions in relation to the movement of health products into the UK. The Operations Controller will also co-ordinate and manage the interface between the department and the logistics providers.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Fully support the Manager by providing guidance and advice where necessary throughout the lifetime of the project / programme, facilitating solutions and procedures to ensure end-to-end delivery is delivered on time.
- Be the functional on-site representative / interface between the Authority and our 3PL Control Towers.
- Ensure that on time and clear Guidance is given and escalations are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure all reports and documents are developed in line with relevant departmental requirements.
- Support the Programme Manager through the review process by providing reports on all Carriers' performance.
The ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Management experience in Supply Chain / Logistics / FMCG Operations
- Working Knowledge of Import freight from "ROW" to UK
- Working knowledge of International parcels
- Operations responsibility for delivering / managing the on-time delivery of shipments.
- Proven record of working well under pressure.
The roles we are available on a 3 month interim basis with the possibility to be be extended. Candidate will be required to provide 7 day coverage and must have a flexible approach top work. You will receive a highly competitive day rate.