My client is quickly becoming a major player in the shipping & freight forwarding sector from their new offices in Bingham, Nottingham. Through merger and acquisition they have been fundamental force in developing growth in the key areas of both air and ocean freight.
The successful Freight Executive will work standard business hours and report into the on-site Shipping & Logistics Director. You will part of a small team of 5 key team members, who operate across a variety of commercial and operations freight forwarding roles.
- Becoming a key focal point of our customer experience through assisting in shipments from booking, through to pricing negotiation and post-shipment care.
- Your main role will involve developing relationships, both new and existing, with a large array of multi-national and SME clients.
- You will spend the vast majority of your working day targeting and contacting businesses looking to develop new relationships in line with their individual needs.
- You will be targeted on providing a positive customer experience, but also in using this to develop repeat business in the key areas of freight.
- Acting as a both a strategic relation builder, but amongst all a persuasive sales negotiator with techniques to overcome objections.
- Compile weekly sales recaps on achievements, losses and monitor trends to develop new services.
- Resolving day-to-day operational queries with customer orders.
As a Freight Executive you will have a strong commercial freight background. Ideally you would have 3+ years experience within the freight forwarding world within a role that requires direct customer liaison. You will also have the following skills & attributes:
- A mixture of commercial and operational freight experience.
- Experience of air, sea and road freight.
- A mixture of import and export knowledge.
- The ability to generate both new and existing freight opportunities.
- An out-going character with the desire and passion to overachieve.
- Evidence of freight transactions whereby you have been able to both increase GP and shipped quantities on a variety of different multi-modal shipments.
- Commutable to the Bingham, Nottingham area.
- This role either suit a seasoned freight executive or a seasoned professional.
£40,000-£55,000 + Attractive bonus package