My client is a local, SME freight forwarder with large ideals for expansion and growth. Due to the increase in volume of supply and on-boarding of new contracts, they are seeking a Freight Supervisor to join the business within the Grantham office. The business is fully multi-modal and imports the vast majority of their clients goods from the US and Far East.
As a Freight Supervisor, you will actively report into the company Managing Director on a daily basis and harbour the following responsibilities:
- Active daily management of a small team of 4 freight forwarders, whilst reporting into the Managing Director.
- Responsibility for providing all import and export based customs clearances (mainly from the US and Americas).
- Providing fully multi-modal freight pricing and quotations for a variety of customers across varied industries.
- Team management responsibilities such as RTW, 1-2-1's, personal development, appraisals, KPI monitoring.
- Providing support and active development of the current team, mainly around customs compliance requirements.
- A working knowledge and adaptation surrounding airway bills, seaway bills of laden, EUR1's and ATR1's.
In order to be successful in an application for the Freight Supervisor position, you will ideal have the following experience and qualifications:
- 3+ year's experience within Freight and / or Customs Compliance
- Ideally experience within a Freight Forwarder
- Commutable to the Grantham area of Nottinghamshire.
- Experience managing Customs Compliance such as Import Entries, C88, EUR1's, MAWB, HAWB, Bills of Laden.
- A desire to manage a small team and grow within the business.
- Experience providing pricing and quotations to a variety of multi-modal freight customers.
- Personal development plan to reach Branch Manager across the following 2 years.
- Discretionary bonus (Up to 10%)