My client are a recognised 3PL based in Nottinghamshire. During Covid-19 they have continued to grow through the on-boarding of new customers as well as delivering fantastic service levels to their existing customer base.
They are now seeking to appoint a General Manager who will help lead them through their next phase of growth. This role would suit a Senior Ops Manager who is looking to take their next career step or an experienced GM who is keen to work in a high growth sector.
- Manage the operations with respect to customer and company objectives via sound KPI's
- Plan and co-ordinate warehouse and other activities in line with client forecasting
- Formulate a resource plan by day/week/period to ensure all customer SLAs are achieved and that costs are minimised.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations
- Effectively plan peak periods, and execute the plans successfully
- Provide and use regular, as well as ad-hoc, Business & Operational Reporting with supporting analysis
- Set out specific performance standards in areas such Productivity, Stock Accuracy and Cleanliness, evaluating performance against standards and driving the team to improve their performance
- Ensure that reports can effectively plan their area maximising productivity and service
- Identify areas where service can be improved and implements internal targets to drive improvements
- Achieve high levels of stock accuracy.
- To manage, motivate and develop staff within the team to ensure that they are able to deliver their responsibilities
- To identify development areas and where appropriate provide mentor-ship, coaching and agree training plans as appropriate
- Leadership - Outline aims, giving people the accountability to deliver their way and championing achievements
- Communication - Communicates at all levels, across functional boundaries in very demanding situations, actively seeking other views.
- Teamwork - Focus on the importance of interpersonal relationships and emphasises the need to maintain team performance standards across a broad business spectrum, both internally and externally
Must have a 3PL warehousing background
Ability to inspire and lead teams
e-commerce understanding would be beneficial, but not essential
Experience of working in fast paced, demanding logistics environments
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits