Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a leading 3PL business in their search for a General Manager - Warehouse & Transport based from their East Midlands Distribution Centre in Nottingham.
This company have experienced huge periods of growth over the last 2 years and have historically been a great National client of Page Group's across various sectors. This particular site has continued to flourish due to the ongoing, increasing demand of its customers products within a multi-user facility.
To be successful in role it is critical that you can not only lead a safe, compliant and efficient operation, along with being able to demonstrate a proven experience in customer management and successful commercial exposure.
The General Manager - Warehouse & Transport will:
- Report into the Regional General Manager / Business Unit Director.
- Managing a team of c.80+ heads within the operation across Warehouse & Transport, including Drivers and a small Customer Service team.
- Ensure KPI's are achieved daily across the DC, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the DC's budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available and attend training courses as and when required.
- Complete thorough team debriefs through your managers.
- Manage poor / under performance within the operation.
- Be commutable to Nottingham.
The successful candidate for the General Manager - Warehouse & Transport position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified - Advantageous.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Warehouse / Transport Management experience - Essential.
- Have worked within a 3PL / Multi-User environment previously - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 60+ heads previously.
- Have managed budget in excess of £5M - Advantageous.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Warehouse Manager, Transport Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, General Manager, Regional General Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
This role offers:
- Salary - £50,000 to £60,000.
- Company Bonus scheme - Up to 10%.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Plus additional Company benefits.