My client is a leading property management company that is establishing a centralised procurement function to drive commerciality and best value to its client base. They have a strong present across the globe and offer a truly flexible working policy focusing on output and delivery.
The key responsibilities of the Global Construction Sourcing Manager are:-
- Refining sourcing strategy for all supplies in the value chain from centre design to fit-out to opening to refurb to closure
- Design, implement and oversee successful commercial and operational collaboration between designers, general contractors, nominated materials suppliers, fit-out contractors and internal project management teams.
- Contributing to optimising our design-bid-build engine and similar fit-out engagement models
- Ownership and management of the construction spend categories
- Liaison with supply partners in strategic categories
- Operating as construction sourcing lead expert as counterpart to "New Centre Opening" leadership teams (who manages e.g. design, location pipeline, project management etc.)
- Build trust-based and solid relationships with relevant stakeholders to secure an aligned approach and methodology
- In a team of 2-3 solve construction materials logistics supply problems (make/buy)
- Responsible for all SRM/SPM activities to drive further value engineering with partner suppliers to improve supply chain speed, innovation, customer value and cost
The successful Global Construction Sourcing Manager will be able to demonstrate:-
- Operated successfully in a global strategic leadership procurement role.
- Significant experience in sourcing of office fit-out materials and services in more than one country, or equivalent exposure to office fit out construction work (e.g. quantity surveying experience)
- Capable of performing in an entrepreneurial environment with a healthy degree of uncertainty
- Innate behaviour or maximising personal ROI and ROI of the procurement function, questions priorities on a regular basis and chooses right balance between depth and speed in execution
- Is comfortable in running complex projects in hands-on fashion with some but limited possibility to delegate/distribute
- Excellent skills in finding creative and unconventional ways to rapidly solve a supply problem and in designing, communicating and executing an action path towards a solution
- Ability to articulate problems and progress in concise and dense language
- Very good understanding of contract laws and forms of contracts
On offer to the successful Global Construction Sourcing Manager is an excellent opportunity to join a new organisation that is making a real impact on the business and it's future strategy.