My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector. Being a family run business they pride them self on being a economical brand.
The Global Logistics Coordinator in Glastonbury will be responsible for...
- Managing and Maintaining relevant legislative knowledge to ensure company compliance and an awareness of political situations/other factors that may impact movement of freight.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with both new and existing third parties to achieve an efficient and effective service at all time
- Working with the Warehouse manager & Supply chain Manager to organise most effective delivery times of product for storage into the warehouse and third party 3PL.
- Tender and authorise freight, duty and VAT invoices
- Ensuring regular ongoing communication with the exports and import Warehouse teams to keep everyone in the loop with the timings of deliveries into the warehouses
- To overlook consumer delivery service through relevant delivery provider, 3PL.
- Resolve any arising problems and complaints
- Report on KPI performance, analyse and find solution to improve performance
- Create and Maintain S.O.P for procedures and communicate them with rest of team
The successful candidate will have...
- Extensive knowledge of national/international import/export legislation
- Previous management experience
- Proven track record of building relationships with Logistics mediators and package engineers to ensure the protection of freight in transportation
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
The Global Logistics Coordinator will receive...
- A salary of £23,000-£30,000 depending on experience
- Full-time 40 hours per week
- Added training will be provided as and when required
- Paid travel expenses domestic and international
- 50% staff discount on all products
- Excellent opportunities for growth within the company