Our client is a leading FMCG business based in London.
Our clients ocean container shipping and warehousing/road freight functions represent an area of value to identify, develop and improve.
Following a recent review of the logistics operation an interim Global Logistics Development Manager is required to assess the global ocean container shipping operation and future operational sustainability. Building from a global tender and supporting project completed in 2020, you will be required to embed the future strategy required to meet customer needs and reduce cost in global shipping. Key deliverables will include:
- Assessment of the container shipping landscape: Requirements to meet our clients customer needs, key logistics personnel in each BU for the 'tactical tender' approach recently undertaken and feedback from the post-project review.
- Process the approach and tools for Ocean Container Shipping Contracting, in line with Commercial and Supply Chain strategies eg; the value of using freight forwarders in each market vs booking directly with shipping lines.
- Delivery of the 2021 Ocean Container Freight tender, applying a methodology and capability to track container shipping and freight forwarding costs and savings vs budget both locally and centrally.
- Contract and Performance Management: Structure and process for shipping lines, freight forwarders and associated contractual relationships, including KPI performance evaluation and performance reviews both centrally and locally, with escalation procedures.
- Logistics Management Capability: Develop a plan to deliver training to team members, both centrally and regionally in the BU's, to embed logistics (freight) capability within our supply chain teams. Focused on people, process and systems, this capability and training plan should cover logistics processes, supplier contracts and performance management (service/costs) going forward.
The successful Global Logistics Development Manager will need to live within a commuting distance of London and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Be immediately available.
- Experienced in container shipping/ocean freight management.
- Previous contract management and global tender experience within a global organisation or freight forwarder.
- Experienced in contracting distribution networks - managing logistics suppliers, both warehousing and transport.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships with suppliers (centrally and locally).
- Knowledge and experience in container shipping IT systems.
- Data analysis, particularly in using Excel (no data analyst resource support available).
- Proven networking, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills across geographies and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering change through to successful operation.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to various organisational levels and functions.
A competitive basic salary or day rate is available for the successful candidate.