My client is a global Assembly and Production who are market leaders within their sector. They are based within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector.
This is an exciting role standing up a new position with a global remit in a forward thinking and ambitious company. As the Global Trade Compliance Manager you will be responsible for designing and implementing the global trade compliance capability for the business covering organisation development, policy, process, metrics and all relationships, both internal and external.
- To design and implement a Best Practice global trade compliance capability across the business
- Provide Customs, import and export control expertise to the business
- Support business teams to provide added value propositions using trade compliance knowledge to identify gaps in business operation for which International Trade Compliance can offer solutions
- Provide operational trade compliance support for set up periods with business operations at their locations
- Lead the development and evolution of the business trade compliance infrastructure
- Continually develop the business policy, training, standards and operational procedures regarding international trade compliance
- Represent at appropriate Industry events representing the business International Trade Compliance position.
- Undertake, where required, internal auditing of the business international trade compliance performance as it relates to business requirements.
- Design and deliver a reporting regime for the Senior Leadership informing of key activities, risks and relevant metrics
- Design and implement a risk assessment strategy across all import or export trade compliance components associated to cross-border business activities.
- To perform investigations into significant supply chain incidents related to import or export trade compliance and ensure root cause is identified and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- To identify learnings and training needs from risk assessment, monitoring outcomes, audit findings and incident root causing, develop educational materials and events, and deliver training and communication events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of recent international experience of International Import & Export Regulations; Customs Authorities, Customs Brokers, Clearance Procedures, Export Licenses, ITAR, EAR.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Professional Qualifications: Import /Export / International Trade Compliance Qualifications
- Self-starting, motivated individual, willing to own, develop and improve & develop tools; ability to exert tactful influence - must be a strong team player and communicator within a complex organisation.
- The ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for improvement
- Highly credible in front of the Executive, senior stakeholders and the executives of key suppliers
- Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Pro-active in self-development and maintaining an up to date skills set
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously in a dynamic business environment
The Successful Global Trade Compliance Manager will be receive;
A salary of c£60,000 - £65,000
Life Assurance - x6 base salary
25 days + BH
Pension - 9%