Our client is a leading specialist Medical device business who pioneers innovation to continually improve solutions and value for their clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a Global Trade Import-Export Specialist (EU) which will directly impact on the company’s successes through the coordination of Import, Export and Import EU transactions, screening, documentation, classification, brokerage, logistics, data management (tariff code, origin) and record keeping.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Complete Import-Export EU operational responsibility
- Ensures compliance with applicable EU Import/Export laws and regulations. Ensures incoming and outgoing materials are handled, transported in the most efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- SAP GTS functional control; data management, Denied Party /Embargo country screening, documentation, record keeping
- Develops standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for import and export
- Supports Procurement/Sourcing, Customer Service, and Warehouse teams with Import-Export shipping and compliance
Recruiting a similar role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, trade, logistics, or related business experience
- Five + years’ experience with operational EU importing and exporting
- Experience with Import-Export Trade IT systems (SAP-GTS preferred)
- Experience in Import/Export operational procedure development
- Experience of SAP-GTS. Able to use the GTS function as a SME. Able to use the Denied Party Screening ad hoc function as well as the Batch Upload capability. Should be able to identify and clear blocked paperwork and understand the wider SAP context. Knowledge of creating manual invoices outside of SAP.
- Knowledge of EU Customs and experience of EU Import procedures including knowledge of Import Declaration requirements, HTS Codes and Country of Origin.
- Experience of Export Declarations in the EU as well as wider concerns relating to Economic Sanctions.
- Able to review and audit commercial documentation from a compliance perspective.
- Experience of Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) would be welcome.
- Experience of working in a Regulatory environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate internationally
- Solid computer skills including Excel
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.