Our client is a highly successful manufacturer benefiting from brand recognition. They continue to invest supporting long term growth through systems development, recruitment of top talent, training, and constant evaluation of the product catalogue and manufacturing footprint.
They are current progressing a significant business change exercise to streamline business processes, therefore this will be a perfect time to join and influence the direction.
As the Group Planning Manager you will:
- Assess the current team (based in North West England and internationally), processes, and systems, highlighting business priorities and progressing improvement plans. This will include training and development needs, process mapping, and ensuring the function supports the strategic direction of the business
- Develop a strong internal network to enable influence on strategy and key decisions
- Research product catalogue and suppliers to aid effective short, medium, and long team planning
- Work with other commercial functions to understand current behaviours and trends both internally and externally
- Support production and gain trust and insight into manufacturing capability, influencing long term CAPEX investments and building agility into the supply chain
The ideal candidate will:
- Already be leading a planning function as a Group Planning Manager (Supply / Production / Demand) within a manufacturing based environment
- Have a track record of team development (including mentoring, identification of training needs, and performance management). This would ideally be on a multi-site, international basis
- Have worked with a change environment, specifically process change and ERP implementation
- Able to raise the profile of the planning function, gaining the respect of stakeholders
- Be willing to be hands on and accessible to reports, experiencing and sharing challenges on a daily basis
circa £65K + package