Group Procurement Category Manager - Marketing Procurement/ Indirects - Global FMCG Major Executive Benefits Package - Global Transformation Projects - Accelerated Development Opportunities - £70-80k
Due to a restructure in their executive leadership team, a rare opportunity has been made available for a high-achieving global category manager to join an esteemed organisation, assuming ownership of a C. £80m marketing spend in critical category areas (Media/ Creative), whilst managing a team to achieve operational excellence in sourcing & category management. Joining the organisation during a period of unprecedented growth, the successful individual will be tasked with implementing best in class frameworks to improve procurement performance - creating a strategic roadmap for talent management & succession planning, covering multiple regions and levels.
Group Procurement Category Manager - Marketing/ Media , Role Profile: -
- Operational Excellence - Being deeply embedded in critical categories for an iconic organisation, managing C. £80m spend and seeking to identify organisational challenges before implementing innovative methods for cost reduction/supplier performance management
- Talent Management/Succession Planning - Managing a high-achieving team of 10 individuals, creating a talent management roadmap to ensure employees are upskilled in the correct areas, and that talent is being motivated & promoted in the organisation
- Value Creation/Value Leadership - exposing new avenues of value for the organisation in creating subsets of their procurement excellence programme, seeking to unlock new levers for improved value
- Marketing SME: demonstrating key value as a subject matter expert across marketing procurement with a focus on media and creative spend. The Group Category manager will be working alongside large marketing firms and smaller, niche agencies.
Group Procurement Category Manager Requirements: -
- Impressive Procurement, Strategic Sourcing & Category Management background, managing marketing spend categories within a FMCG, Manufacturing or Consumer Goods organisation
- A strong track record of managing large teams to create a clear roadmap for talent management, motivating and upskilling in the correct areas to ensure organisational improvement
- Strong analytical skills with a background in identifying opportunities through procurement/supply chain systems
- Ambition to create change and develop in a blue-chip organisation encountering growth
For more information, or to apply please send a copy of your updated CV to[email removed]
Key words: procurement, marketing procurement, indirect procurement, media, creative industries, FMCG, manufacturing, consumer goods, strategic sourcing, procurement manager, category manager, head of procurement, RFI, RFP, category planning, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management, SRM, stakeholder engagement, media procurement