My client is a growing procurement consultancy that have a number of household names as their key clients. They have ambitious plans for sustained growth by continuing to develop and added solutions to their customer proposition. In the role as Head of Consultancy you will report directly into the CFO and be heavily involved in growth of the business. My client offers a flexible working policy - when you are not on client site you work from home.
An idea of the key responsbilities for the Head of Consultancy are:-
- Clear understanding and support of business strategy and ensure this translates into tasks, action plans and output
- Clear understanding, ownership, management, forecasting and delivery of key consultancy targets by agreed metrics including budgeted sales, costs, profit; return on investment, client retention, client satisfaction and consultant performance
- Development and ongoing management of a pipeline of procurement projects across all clients that clearly details degrees of certainty regarding delivery and status through project lifecycle, ensuring no 'in scope' category is missed
- Maximise sales, in particular by constantly assessing each client's pipeline activity to ensure the maximum number of projects and maximum benefits are being delivered
- Identification of opportunities across clients to leverage any economies of scale and synergies to the benefit of sales delivery and/or client satisfaction
- Deliver acceptable return on investment for clients, achieving this as quickly as possible in a client relationship and work to maximise the length of relationship with each client
- Work with internal teams, procurement consultants and clients to develop any new business opportunities including upsell and additional services to clients
- Timely recruitment, induction and performance management of an appropriate-for-the-job and highly skilled team of procurement consultants
- Leadership and challenge of a team of procurement consultants to ensure their appropriate focus and delivery of consultancy sales budget and client satisfaction, always working with appropriate pace
- Ensuring procurement consultants follow due process and governance and minimise any risks associated with delivery
- Forward vision to anticipate opportunities, risks and challenges, developing and implementing action plans where required to ensure objectives are met
- Appropriate support to on board new clients including set up, understanding and agreement of client contract and objectives and early development of key stakeholder client relationships
- Development and ownership of key client stakeholder relationships and first point of contact for procurement consultancy, including delivering client satisfaction and also fronting risks and issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Development of appropriate tools to support procurement consultants to be as efficient as possible whilst protecting knowledge and know-how
- Problem solving, developing and delivering solutions where risks and issues present
The successful Head of Consultancy candidate will be able have:-
Experience in a senior procurement and/or appropriate management role.
Experience of strong relationship management, confident and credible at C-Level/board level and with senior stakeholders.
Highly organised individual capable of prioritising and re-prioritising constantly both individually and for the team
Demonstrable experience of succeeding in an autonomous management role in which you were personally accountable for delivering targets and managing a team of senior professionals.
Significant experience of continuously achieving against ambitious sales targets whilst minimising costs.
Ability to manage budgets and costs against a backdrop of constant change.
Solutions focused with an ability to deal effectively and appropriately with barriers including getting the desired outcome whilst maintaining relationships
Naturally collaborates with all stakeholders
Excellent communication skills and someone who inspires others to do well
On offer is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business at an exciting phase in their business. As head of consultancy you will be one of the most senior people in the organisation, the business is looking a leader who can take ownership and has the drive and passion to grow with the business.