Michael Page Logistics are exclusively recruiting for a Head Of Customs & Logistics role for a market leading FMCG Manufacturing and Distribution based business in March, Cambridgeshire.
This business, already on an upwards trajectory have seen their highly desired product range in greater demand throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to large scale inbound, outbound and shipping requirements, this newly created role is an exciting opportunity to play a lead part in continuously shaping the trading strategy across a wider business overseeing the businesses Global Freight distribution across Customs / Import / Export, along with overseeing their Carrier Management functions.
The ideal candidate for this role MUST have Customs & Bonded Warehousing experience. Should an individual also have Operations experience, this would be seen as advantageous in order for you to oversee the entire businesses Logistics function, however, not essential.
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Be responsible for key business areas / contracts from; inbound, receipt of order and customer fulfilment - including: Operational Planning, Order Distribution and Transport Scheduling via 3rd party providers / carriers, Customs clearance documentation, HMRC reporting and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Map the company's complex supply chain in a post Brexit scenario and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customs brokers.
- Be responsible for the re-tender of Carrier relations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
- Manage the administration function in the reviewing and acceptance of T&C's, Customer payment terms, Delivery dates, POD's and compliance within a Bonded operation.
- Be the interface between the senior management team, Suppliers and end Customer.
- Pre and post Brexit, advise the business of any updates to UK import and export regulations to ensure the business remains up to date with any changes that may occur.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements.
- Raise, complete and adapt EUR1 forms and certificate of origin paperwork.
- Developing, implementing, and optimising departmental strategy, processes, systems, policies and standards.
- Support the Director in all customs related matters and providing regular status reports up to Board level
The successful candidate for the Head Of Customs & Logistics role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - Essential.
- A minimum of 5+ years Logistics, Customs and Operational experience - Essential.
- Knoweldge of Bonded operations - Essential.
- People management experience would be advantageous given the potential of managing a small team across Warehousing and Customs - Advantageous.
- An in depth knowledge and experience in Customs and Excise regulations along with road freight, sea freight and air freight - Essential.
- Have knowledge of regulatory compliance within international trade for EU and non EU countries.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Process focused with attention to detail and experience in setting up and managing processes and procedures.
This position offers a competitive package, including:
- Salary - £60,000 to £70,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance (+£6,000)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Health care Scheme
- Plus additional company benefits.