Our client has multiple locations across Europe and operate in a relatively niche market. Looking to increase profitability over the next two years they now look to improve their supply chain processes across the board. This position will focus on optimising the cost of material supply in a stockist/distributor environment.
The responsibilities of this position of Head of Inventory and Purchasing will be to:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team (locally and remotely)
- Optimise the cost of material supply whilst establishing the most robust supply chain for line level SKU purchase
- Work to improve communication of demand forecasts and customer requirements.
- Assess efficiency's within supplier rationalisation, P.O. consolidation and cost reductions
- Proactively assessing the demand and supply plan which may result in overstocks/stock outs and suggest suitable alternatives.
- Manage inventory across multiple locations
The successful candidate for the role of Head of Inventory and Purchasing in Sheffield will have:
- Procurement/Inventory experience within a fast-paced distribution environment (essential)
- Demonstrable achievements relating to working with high SKU counts, multiple suppliers and customers across many countries
- Strong analytical skills (data manipulation)
- Sound commercial acumen; monitoring internal and external global market factors and trends
- The ability to travel (multi-site role)
- Previously managed teams across Purchasing, Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
£60,000 - £70,000 + benefits and future progression.