My client is a leading parts distribution business based in the West Midlands. They are looking for a Head of Logistics to manage all warehousing and transport activities as well.
The business are a Global player in parts distribution and they are looking for someone to manage all logistics activities within the distribution centre during a period of massive growth and change.
The Operations Director is looking for someone who has experience of working within a similar operation and sector and has managed a warehousing and inventory operation that has an incredibly high SKU count 2000+.
The business also need someone who is well versed in managing both warehousing and transport within a fast-moving distribution operation that services a diverse and highly demanding customer base.
Head of Logistics
- Meet company Health and Safety requirements as specified in the Health and Safety policy. Developing a safe working environment with involvement from all team members.
- Manage direct reports and the shop floor team by communicating direction, increasing motivation levels and assisting with carrying out recruitment, induction, training and development of the team as required.
- Create and maintain K.P.I. Reports relating to put away, picking, stock accuracy, OTIF and internal costs.
- Ensure all inbound goods items are received and put away into the warehouse in a timely and accurate fashion organised by the Despatch Team Leaders and Process Leader to organise priorities.
- Ensure pick and shipping accuracy targets are exceeded by managing the transport operation and driver workforce.
- Co-ordinate daily shipments with the Despatch, sales teams and carriers to achieve timely, effective shipments, fulfilling daily outstanding lists for complete shipments to our end users.
- Carry out regular cycle counts; ensuring stock rotation is maintained. Reporting discrepancies and resolving issues after investigation to ensure stock accuracy.
- Take part in cross business stock takes to obtain a better understanding of the business. Ensuring that excellent standards of stock accuracy are maintained across the business.
- Ensure that the receipting, labelling, necessary checking and put away of all ancillary items including adhesives and maintenance products are received into warehouse is completed for products that we purchase.
- Assist with necessary cover for office team if required, shift leaders and with meeting and dealing with driver and customer collections who arrive on site.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations for peers, the senior management team and, if appropriate, the board
- Experience of working within a spare parts distribution business would be advantageous
- Working in a high SKU count warehouse would be advantageous
- People Management experience within a distribution centre or logistics environment
- Logistic KPI's (measured environment)
- Relevant logistic best practise
- Strong IT Skills including SAP, and all Microsoft programmes
- Strong negotiation, planning and scheduling skills
- Able to develop strong working relationships with people at all levels
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage and prioritise high volume workload
- A commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong experience of working within a team
- Team player
- Open to change and open to new ideas and new ways of working
- Customer Focused
- Positive "can do attitude"
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable communicating at all levels
- Able to make decisions and react quickly when problems arise
- Must be results driven and outgoing
- Must want to aspire to achieve high standards of work and professionalism at all times
£50,000 - £60,000 + Car + Bonus