Our client is a rapidly growing distribution business in the luxury sector working with both UK and EU suppliers and partners.
The Head of Logistics will report in to the Operations Director and have direct responsibility for the Warehouse and Supply Chain functions. You will be responsible for leading, training and, where necessary, recruiting suitable people to manage the Warehouse on a day to day basis in line with the needs of the Business. Further responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and management of logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services in line with the goals of the business.
- Direction, optimisation and coordination of the full order cycle
- Liaison and negotiation with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Tracking the quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency of all products;
- Arrangement of the warehouse including racking; storage layout; pick and pack processes.
- Smooth running of the Warehouse Management System; identifying, reporting and resolving any day to day issues arising from such.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
The successful Head of Logistics will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Track record in successful FMCG distribution and logistics management
- Proven working experience in overseeing a warehouse operation
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
An attractive basic salary and package will be offered to the successful candidate.