Following private equity investment our retail client is about to embark on an exciting journey that will see both continued growth and an evolution of the UK business.
The role of Head of Logistics is required to support the future plans of our client in ensuring that the logistics operation is both scalable, fit for purpose and able to meet customer expectations. You will report to the FD and have an indirect reporting line to the CEO. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the wider logistics strategy to include the UK in-house warehouse operation, inbound/outbound supplier relationships, customer fulfilment and customer service.
- Providing operational and strategic leadership to the operations team in the Midlands.
- Reviewing the current logistics infrastructure and providing suitable proposals.
- Developing the logistics budget and monitoring/reporting regularly to the executive team.
- Negotiating terms with local and international carriage and freight forwarding companies to ensure cost effective outbound distribution.
- Working closely with the executive and key stakeholders to ensure customer requests are met in a timely manner.
The Head of Logistics will be required to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience within a similar sized multi-channel retail environment.
- International logistics experience to include the management of Far East supply and global distribution - in-house operations, 3PL providers and fulfilment partners.
- An entrepreneurial approach to solving logistics and operational challenges.
- An ability to adapt and drive organisational change.
- Customer focused in your approach.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to successfully manage cross discipline stakeholders.
- A team player who is able to interact and operate across all levels.
- Articulate and confident in presentation.
- You will be required to travel to client offices in both London and the Midlands regularly.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer for the successful candidate.