Head of Procurement
Benefits include - - 35 days holiday, A highly competitive Pension, Excellent onsite facilities, A unique and vibrant working environment, Season Ticket Loan, Canteen + other bens
An enterprising and aspiring organisation who markets include, Technology, Engineering, Science and Education
The Role Objective
With an 80 million budget this role will require someone with a leading strategic vision for a procurement department whilst delivering vital sourcing solutions across the organisations vast procurement portfolio. You will have working knowledge of the OJEU process and update to knowledge of current EU regulations is required.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance the requirements of sourcing for indirect multi million pound projects with the ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders. Key to your success will be driving through a strategy for supplier performance improvement and management programmes as well as delivering an invaluable, high-level, procurement service to the internal customer.
· Independent, Leader, Strategic thinker, Visionary
· Is natural and articulate around senior stakeholders. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior managers. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the issues to decisions needed.
· Organisational Agility. Understands relationships between businesses, functions, boards, and stakeholders.
· Success in developing and training teams.
· Good interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
· Customer Focus. Is highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
· Proactive and able to influence others in the business interest.
· MCIPS or equivalent intellectual status
· Membership of relevant professional bodies (desirable)
Experience, Knowledge & skills:
· In-depth Knowledge of procurement systems and supply chain
· Knowledge of current OJEU regs, contracts and framework
· Rigorous and inquisitive with ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Results driven, highly professionalism individual who comfortably relates to many different types of people.
This role would be suitable for Senior Procurement Manager or Category manager or Senior Category Specialist or Category Lead or Procurement lead or Procurement Specialist.