Head of Procurement
Public Sector Head of Procurement in the Housing Industry
Your new company
An award winning public sector company who own, maintain and manage thousands of sites across the Thames Valley. Their aim is to keep all customers happy and to build their portfolio of properties further to account for a shortage in need for the country.
Your new role
- To support the Director of Finance in taking overall responsibility for the delivery of effective and value-added procurement.
- Identify through analytical reporting targeted procurement priorities
- To work collaboratively with key budget holding stakeholders to offer expert guidance and advice for the delivery of low and medium value procurements whilst assuming overall responsibility of major procurement projects including collaborative scoping and strategising, administration and delivery, and reporting on procurement outcomes.
- To work closely with key departments to evaluate, identify and understand procurement requirements, and deliver fit for purpose solutions that drive value for money.
- Promote and embed procurement strategy and policy throughout the organisation
- Offer expert guidance of procurement best practice, and organisational policy
- Manage formal tendering and other procurement processes in line with UK & EU procurement regulation;
- Report on procurement activity, with particular focus on Value for Money achievements and outcomes
- Develop the Procurement service to ensure high levels of performance with an effective and responsive service to all stakeholders
- To take on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Director of Finance
- Proactive engagement with internal and external stakeholders, budget holders at all levels of seniority
- Annual Procurement budget - circa £100k
Direct budget responsibility for:
- Other financial responsibilities:
- Assume full responsibility for achieving best value for all addressable organisation spend - c£13m annually
- Responsible for analysing and reporting on the organisations spending behaviour, and actively addressing spend categories to enhance Value for Money
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within a strategic procurement function
- Experience of delivering procurement within the public sector
- Experience of using external data on a bespoke basis to test existing service provision and provide analysis to support the shaping of an appropriate solution that includes fresh ideas & innovation
- Experienced and competent in delivering procurement in line with UK & EU procurement legislation.
- Able to provide leadership and guidance, and is recognised as a subject matter expert within the organisation and customer base
- Experience of running procurement related workshops with customers and suppliers / contractors
- Experience of understanding the value of effective procurement and of demonstrating a consistently effective approach to a wide range of projects
- Ability through procurement expertise to influence and gain agreement with stakeholders to shape requirements
- Ability to lead stakeholder groups with the support of the Director of Corporate Services and other subject matter experts in the development of specifications
- Ability to consistently utilise and manage the nominated e-tendering portal, and of having responsibility for ensuring compliant processes are followed including all supplier clarifications.
- Ability to support the Director of Corporate Services, and to take the lead in tender evaluation, financial appraisals, whole life costing, and lead in supplier / contractor negotiations and managing risk effectively throughout the process
- Ability to work collaboratively to ensure the organisation awards contracts compliantly in line with all appropriate legislation, strategy & policy
- High levels of self-motivation, enthusiasm, and the ability to be innovative whilst delivering the required service in an inclusive and understanding way
What you'll get in return
- Car allowance of £4500 per annum
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Private Health Care
- Up to 24% pension contribution (Company + own input)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.