This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global, market-leading food manufacturing organisation with fantastic opportunities for progression and development. This role is part of a centralised procurement strategy, following the recent appointment of a new UK CEO who is focused on streamlining the UK business.
They are leaps and bounds ahead of their competition, not only with their unrivalled products and market-leading innovation, but also with their People agenda - truly a great company to work for.
The business culture is fast, dynamic and entrepreneurial. They drive a high performance, high-trust culture and the role does involve UK and potentially international travel, but also offer a high level of flexibility.
In this Head of Procurement role, you will be based in Derbyshire c. 2 days per week and visiting sites and suppliers for the remainder - UK wide applications will be accepted.
- Head of Procurement role, part of the senior leadership team, multi-faceted role requires time spent across multiple sites, customers and suppliers (UK and potentially international).
- Manage your ingredients categories c. £75mil and support your team to manage their categories, to ensure that the total cost (PPV) of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively. These categories are likely to include ingredients used in your particular business unit e.g. dairy.
- Establish and monitor market data and forecast prices, along with support from the commercial teams to ensure accurate business forecasting.
- Customer facing role alongside Commercial, to look at "what is happening in the market" "inflation recovery" and also working with the customer to review "money saving options end-to-end".
- Educated to degree level, highly numerical with experience in forecasting and be proficient in Excel.
- Core skills required: good stakeholder management in a matrix structure, good time management and organisation, strong negotiation skills, forecasting (with Finance and commercial), capability to develop a strategy around a category, confident in front of customers, leadership and development of a team (previous direct line management is not a requirement)
- Core behaviours required: self-starter, strong-willed. good communication at all levels, dynamic, able to work well in a highly changeable and pressurised environment.
Paying c. £70,000 - £90,000 plus package (may be some stretch for the perfect candidate)
Car / car allowance
20% bonus and share save scheme
Pension (8% matched)
Unrivalled career progression and development