Our client, based in S. Yorkshire, manufacture a range of products which go into a number of different sectors. Their diverse product portfolio have allowed them to grow fantastically over the last few years and that is set to continue.
D&I is at the forefront of this organisation's mind and subsequently flexible working has been introduced alongside other initiatives.
This Head of Procurement will be accountable for the following:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the Purchasing and Procurement Strategy for the Group and to lead major, complex and high value sourcing projects
- Responsible for the renegotiation and review of contract SLA's to improve commercial benefits
- To lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contract management, spend analytics and supplier performance management
- To develop strategies to consolidate and streamline business processes and create clear direction for the organisation
- To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to regarding the respective procurement policies and external requirements. Implement strategies that safeguard the Company's contractual and commercial risk.
- In collaboration with the wider business significantly improve the supply chain and performance to support operations, achieve value for money, reduce stocks, optimise delivery schedules and increase overall performance of the businesses
- To develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, external providers and other agencies to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and incorporated, including but not limited to the development and implementation of Supplier Management.
- To establish and manage future demand and capacity planning including the development of supplier risk management. Plan and implement the appropriate organisational design to best service the business's requirements
- Regular (Monthly) UK/European travel to be expected
- Assist in the protection and enhancement of the company's reputation
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Head of Procurement in S. Yorkshire will have:
- Extensive senior professional experience in Procurement, preferably in a similar industry
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent (desirable)
- At least 5 years of previous leadership responsibility
- Must be a results-oriented, metrics-driven professional with expertise in Purchasing and Procurement, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Experience of working at a strategic level with track record of delivering financial benefits / added value and accountability for financial targets of revenue, profit, cost and consolidation where appropriate
- Ability to develop and deliver appropriate procurement strategies for different types of projects, categories and initiatives across Group and at divisional subsidiary level
- Gravitas, integrity and personal credibility to influence senior personnel, divisional and group-level stakeholders
- Able to exercise high level of multitasking, autonomy, objectivity, and adaptability in a role with changing priorities and objectives and acting as strategic procurement lead in another business function if required
- Well-developed internal & external influencing skills with the ability to adapt personal style as required. Dedicated, self-aware, resolute, focused and assertive in overcoming resistance to change
- Demonstrable experience of project management and supply management system implementation, taking into account governance, compliance, legalities, audit and finance cross functions and procedures, inclusive of demonstrable experience of leading strategies to consolidate and streamline business processes.
- Resilient and able to assess and manage multiple and conflicting priorities effectively
- Business Process ownership & change management background - concepts, frameworks and issues
- Project and Change Management experience evidenced through independent end to end delivery of at least one major project within processes and systems management
A competitive salary and benefits package.