A great university based in West London, a University that are growing and changing the way they function in a more innovative and exciting way.
- Produce strategies and policies to deliver optimum VFM for all aspects of University expenditure through sourcing, supply, performance monitoring and embedding a VFM ethos in everyday management decision making.
- Lead complex procurement activities ensuring compliance and minimise the risk of legal challenge
- Introduce and provide the framework to embed category management for all strategic non-pay expenditure, analyse non pay expenditure and apply appropriate procurement strategies to deliver VFM and reduce commercial risk.
- Develop policies and metrics to improve best practice awareness and use throughout the University at all levels of expenditure to achieve optimum VFM by providing guidance to devolved procurement staff.
- Drive, support and maintain VFM infrastructure for the University, via knowledge exchange with all central service departments and Schools.
- Encourage and promote co-operation and communication between devolved procurement expertise and the strategic procurement department in order to better influence total University expenditure.
- Report to the Finance Committee on awards over £1m and, when significant awards are made, to the Board of Governors
- Develop methodologies for improving VFM and obtain the Leadership Team's approval to the Annual VFM Plan. Prepare the Annual VFM Report, including the VFM Plan for the next year and obtain approval from the Audit & Risk Committee and the Board of Governors before submitting this to HEFCE.
Leadership of large scale procurement processes
Ability to deal directly with senior stakeholders
University pension scheme
other soft benefits