International technology and medical company - Permanent position
Your new company
Our client is a international technology and medical company who have over 50 locations worldwide. With their creative and leading technology products they are looking to recruit for a Head of Quality Control for their Nottingham site.
Your new role
The Head of Quality Control will be required to work with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Engineering personnel to provide technical expertise in the resolution of quality issues. The role holder will also be required to liaise with QC functions at other sites and provide support to other UK manufacturing sites as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Act as Head of Quality Control fulfilling the requirements and responsibilities of this role as described in the EU GMP guidelines.
- Lead the Quality Control department ensuring Quality Control activities are performed consistently and in accordance with company and legal requirements.
- Perform routine QC testing, develop and validate new or improved analytical methods.
- Support the QP in hosting of external audits and inspections at the manufacturing site and assisting in managing responses to any deficiencies observed.
- Review non-compliances, deviations and complaints and support the QP in making the appropriate product quality decisions and initiate/promote quality improvements to prevent re-occurrence.
- The Head of Quality Control should have a profound knowledge and experience in analytical chemistry and applicable techniques, such as HPLC, GC and TLC.
- The Head of Quality Control should have reasonable experience in the manufacturing of sterile products, aseptic techniques and microbiology to manage and supervise the site´s environmental monitoring program.
- Ideally the jobholder holds a qualification to degree level (or equivalent) in chemistry, biology, microbiology or pharmacy discipline.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required by the job holder as during routine duties, the job holder will need to communicate with personnel outside the Quality Control Group, with external clients, regulatory bodies customers and consultants.
- The job holder will need to have excellent analytical problem-solving abilities and be able to lead by example and get results through persuasion and co-operation.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a generous salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work for a large and secure international company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.