We have engaged exclusively with our client, based between Doncaster and Nottingham, who are leaders in their field of technology-based manufacturing for specific industrial sectors. This position of Head of Supply Chain is a new addition to the senior leadership team and will work cross-functionally to drive the overall business performance and increased profitability through supply chain efficiency's. Our client is currently focusing on growth moving into 2020 and they are keen to ensure Supply Chain processes are well-embedded as they look towards the year ahead.
As a newly created position, within a business with an aggressive growth strategy, the successful applicant will be expected to transform the purchasing & supply chain department to increase profitability and improve processes.
The responsibilities of this Head of Supply Chain will be to develop and pursue opportunities to improve the supply chain. The primary objectives will be to improve the overall commerciality of the supply chain through reducing spend, better managing inventory, minimising risk and optimising overall performance.
- Negotiation of contracts and executing defined strategies for the procurement of all raw materials, equipment, expense items and services used across the organisation.
- To initially develop the procurement function and focus on synergies and strategies to support business objectives.
- Negotiate Contract Agreements and review long term agreements with strategic partners to ensure stability of pricing and service to meet the requirements of company objectives.
- Assess the current capabilities of the supply chain team and thereafter ensure effective leadership / coaching and guidance of that team.
- Ensure business performance requirements are met for price, delivery, and quality in line with the monthly KPI's (develop and implement those KPI's).
- Build and develop effective relationships with key suppliers who support the strategic direction of the business, driving improved operational performance, and resolution of issues/conflict.
- Manage and monitor supplier performance metrics with a standardised supplier scorecard to motivate exceptional performance and identify 'best in class' suppliers.
- Develop supply chain to achieve optimum levels of customer service via lead time reduction, forecasting, safety stock strategies, vendor managed inventory, etc. for both direct and indirect materials and services.
- Agree, monitor and evaluate stock policy data within the MRP system, including lead-times for purchased parts, buffer stock provision and ordering policy, achieving optimum levels of inventory turns.
Ideally the successful professional for this position of Head of Supply Chain will have:
- Worked in a similar capacity within a regulated industry (Aerospace / defence preferable but not essential)
- Demonstrable experience in transforming an under-developed supply chain (end to end
- The ability to add value and share ideas with the current senior leadership team to enhance the strategy/growth of the business
- An open-minded approach - not a 'one size-fits all' mantra
- Examples towards collective thinking within a senior leadership team
- The experience and ability to think and act strategically alongside the desire to perform a hands-on approach towards operational tasks and behaviours (SME environment).
- Pure purchasing experience (alongside holding a wider supply chain remit within career)
£65,000 - £80,000 (DOE) + package.