My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a FMCG brand.
The Head of Transport in Yeovil will be responsible for...
- Devise and Establish the companies Transport budget schedule to ensure the delivery of a cost effective service. Ensuring a cost effective transport infrastructure is always in place to satisfy the needs of our customer.
- Improve service levels whilst making s business processes more efficient.
- Meet increasing workloads and be in a position to deliver / cope with continued business growth even in peak capacity times.
- Gain competitive edges through varying / adapting cut off and order fulfilment targets.
- Build customer loyalty (int / ext) by consistently providing and reporting picking / loading and delivery performances
- Liaison with DC's/ warehouse ensuring picking availability and achievement of subsequent delivery schedules are met. Organisation of daily and weekly driver cover for holidays and absence.
- Continual review of delivery schedules in line with requirements, ensuring the highest levels of service are delivered at the minimal cost.
- Ensure that all physical movements of goods are effected with due regards to Health & Safety and the maintenance of a safe environment.
- Provide vehicle specifications and purchase necessary vehicles to meet Companies requirements.
- Ensure all DC transport operations; including employees comply with current legislation and health and safety.
- In-depth knowledge and awareness of current and future technological advances in the transport industry and assessment thereafter of their relevance and suitability.
- Devise strategies that can embrace current and future Sales and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain data capture streams so that KPI management can be achieved. These must cover all internal and external transport operations. Formulation of ongoing plans and actions to ensure Business KPI's are continually improved on.
- Ensure all Transport related project streams are co-ordinated and that project goals are achieved in laid down time frames. Managing and controlling change management processes from conception to full implementation, including 'hand over' and operational accountability.
- Developed these services to provide improved cost performance, modern robust services and procedures with flexibility that can continually improve our levels of customer service.
- Aid and enhance all aspects of other critical in house logistical operations and strategies that emanate from the business.
- Ensure that our moral responsibility of ensuring the health and safety of our employee's, and the protection of the environment remains a constant high priority. H & S performance through processes of reviews at each level of the business must be regularly discussed and debated. Strong leadership and direction must ensue so that communication of any changes to national laws is achieved.
- Contribute to the development of the Company through membership of various working parties.
- Ensure all conditions are met for the retention of the Companies 'O' license.
- Ensure that a fully functional Transport Business Continuity plan is in place to cover any operational disasters.
The Head of Transport will have...
- Must hold a International and National CPC
- Up to date knowledge of Transport law and legislation.
- Customer and commercial vehicle operations management methods, with proficiency in the use of central systems and spreadsheets, modelling packages and databases.
- Experience of communicating effectively at all levels both verbally and written.
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of £50,000-£70,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance