Based in Dartford Kent, our client are leading manufacturers of own label and branded food and drink products supplying to a range of well known, established brands.
The Health and Safety Advisor will provide advice and solutions to the production, engineering and supply chain functions of the site in Dartford, Kent. They will maintain processes to ensure continuous improvement and legislative compliance.
- Advise on H&S legislation and practical implications.
- Daily walk rounds to ensure H&S standards are being met by stakeholders and individuals with accountability.
- Working with the Facilities Manager to manage the building refurb project from a Health & Safety perspective.
- Hazard identification and working with Managers to minimise risk.
- Annually identify the top ten risks and carry out an in-depth risk review and scheduling of the site's annual risk assessment review process.
- Actively ensure that controls are embedded and in place for confined space, dust, COSHH, LEV checks, machine safety, lifting operations/equipment, dangerous substances, fire safety and manual handling equipment.
- Create and run training sessions to increase manager Health & Safety awareness - risk assessment, COSHH, accident investigation, manual handling and near miss/hazard spotting.
- Schedule and run the site's Health & Safety meetings to drive continuous improvement and represent the H&S function at daily production meetings.
- Generation of accident statistics, management of accident register for the site to ensure effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented and Riddor compliance.
- Quarterly H&S audits and escalation of non-compliances.
- Ensure the completion of necessary statutory assessments (Noise, LOLER, DSEAR, Fire, COSHH) using internal or external resources as necessary.
- Find innovative ways to communicate and generate interest in Health & Safety, updating noticeboards and generating safety briefings.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be able to demonstrate:
- Health and Safety experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of current HSE legislation and compliance
- IOSH and / or NEBOSH qualified
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office
Competitive salary and package