A fast paced food manufacturing company in Kent.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will be responsible for implementing and coordinating health and safety, training and environmental policy and procedures to agreed company standards.
- Provide advise and information to management to ensure company compliance with statutory requirements
- Monitor health and safety policy, assessments and procedures and ensure subsequent retraining where needed
- Communicate all health and safety matters are communicated effectively to all employees
- Implement and monitor an effective accident reduction programme
- Manage environmental issues such as; waster, water discharge and safe disposal of hazardous substances
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of H&S and environmental practices
- Experience of carrying out workplace assessments
- Excellent computer skills including manipulating data, creating reports and forms
- Experience of auditing, both internal and external
- Experience of coordinating and administering H&S training activities
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications
Competitive salary and package