A UK leading provider of commercial vehicles with a number of sites across the UK require an experienced HGV Technician to work on an exciting contract in the Peterborough area. This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to progress your career.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of the fleet and customer vehicles.
The HGV Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with the business policies and procedures
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related
ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Provide on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required
- Continually identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate
- Authorise repair expenditure within designated limits
- Responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and
modification of the Ryder fleet and customer vehicles
- Reduce non-scheduled work and vehicle visits to the location between Preventative
- Ensure shift workload is completed to the required Ryder standard
- Ensure the planned workload is completed
- Ensure that unplanned work is completed and resolved to a conclusion satisfactory to
- Communicate vehicle status with customers when required
- Ensure all customers are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously
- Answer telephones and deal with queries or escalate where necessary
- Remain up to date with the latest vehicle technology and changes by attending
Company training programmes
- Supporting the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain industry
The successful candidate for the HGV Technician role must have a background in Logistics & Supply Chain and the following attributes:
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Commercial vehicle experience - proven work experience on all makes of HGV commercial vehicles only.
- IT literate.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a HGV Technician/HGV Mechanic/PSV Mechanic.
- LGV C + E licence beneficial, not essential.
- Must be interested in 4 on 4 off shift pattern only
- Commutable to Peterborough
- 3+ years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- 3+ years experience of working as a HGV Technician / Mechanic within a similar environment and organisation.
This position offers:
- Salary - £35,000 - £40,000
- Shift allowance
- Regular overtime available with enhanced rates
- Pension scheme contribution
- Annual health check
- Paid holiday allowances
- Additional Company benefits
- Commutable to Peterborough