Our client are a fast paced food manufacturing business which specialise in distributing products within the UK and across the globe.
As the Import / Export Coordinator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Proactive promotion and demonstration of excellent customer service at all times.
- Handling client requests, queries effectively, escalating where necessary.
- All operational issues to be carried out in accordance with operational guidelines and procedures.
- Accurate completion of all types of customs paperwork (export and or Import customs entries).
- Effective liaison with other departments.
- Ensure company financial regulations are followed and that the correct paperwork (sales, COD, or immediate payment invoices) are raised as necessary.
- Transport and Warehouse coordination.
- Support other members of the team in their learning and development.
- Liaison with overseas partners as and when required.
- Maintain H&S awareness and security of your own work area in line with dept. and corporate procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of local and corporate ISO/Quality Procedures, specifically customer specific process's.
- Attain the necessary knowledge level of ACS systems
The successful candidate for the Import / Export Coordinator role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Broad knowledge of Air Export/ Import processes including Customs and Security procedures.
- Good UK and Global geographic knowledge.
- Understanding of client SLA's, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good level MS Outlook and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power-point).
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Good team player with the ability to motivate and persuade others.
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills.
- Accurate with detail.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative spirit, looking to new opportunities to promote business growth.
£25,000 - £30,000