I am currently working with a leading FMCG business in Peterborough in supporting the growth of their Export market. The imminent challenges of Brexit will no doubt play a key role in how companies manage their Export offering across the Globe.
My client are market leading within their sector and are offering a permanent role with the below responsibilities.
The role of the Import / Export Customs Manager will:
- Be responsible for key business contracts from inbound, receipt of order and customer fulfilment - including: Operational Planning, Transport Scheduling, Order Distribution via 3rd party providers, Customs clearance documentation and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for the re-tender of Carrier relations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
- Manage the administration function in the reviewing and acceptance of T&C's, Customer payment terms, Delivery dates, POD's and compliance for a Bonded operation.
- Be the interface between the senior management team, Suppliers and end Customer.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements.
- Raise, complete and adapt EUR1 forms and certificate of origin paperwork.
The successful candidate for the Import / Export Customs Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have 2+ years experience in an Import / Export / Carrier Management role.
- A good knowledge with Parcel Carriers throughout the UK.
- Experience working with HMRC & Border Force - Advantageous
- Extensive AEO knowledge - Advantageous
- Experience of working in an ETSF or Customs /Bonded warehouse - Desirable
- A professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade - Advantageous
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- Commutable to Peterborough
This role offers:
- Salary - £45,000 to £55,000 DOE
- Company Bonus
- Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Care
- Company Product Discounts
- Additional Company Benefits