A leading FMCG business have exclusively partnered with Michael Page Logistics in their search for an Import & Export Manager for their facility in Alconbury. Their global presence remains strong from a reliant customer base, however, the ongoing challenges of Brexit will no doubt reshape this businesses distribution moving forwards.
The role of the Import & Export Manager will:
- Be responsible for key business contracts from inbound, receipt of order and customer fulfilment - including: Operational Planning, carrier Scheduling, Order Distribution via 3rd party providers, Customs clearance documentation and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for the re-tender of Carrier relations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
- Manage the administration function in the reviewing and acceptance of T&C's, Customer payment terms, Delivery dates, POD's and compliance for a Bonded operation.
- Be the interface between the senior management team, Suppliers and end Customer.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements.
- Raise, complete and adapt EUR1 forms and certificate of origin paperwork.
The successful candidate for the Import & Export Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have 3+ years' experience in an Import / Export / Customs Compliance role previously.
- Managed a team in excess of 5 people previously - Desirable.
- Experience working with HMRC & Border Force - Essential.
- Extensive AEO knowledge - Advantageous.
- A professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade - Advantageous.
- A background within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Commutable to Alconbury, Peterborough.
This role offers a fantastic package including:
- Base Salary - £40,000 to £50,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus
- Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension
- Company Product Discounts
- Additional Company Benefits