Leading manufacturer of consumer products with locations across the globe including a base in the City of London.
The successful Interim Global Freight Analyst will:
- Analysis of the total spend across all regions and all modes.
- Develop analytics to show how these movements (and the related spend) alter with changes to sales and operations volume
- Model these volumes (and related costs) for new supply chain scenarios, i.e. change of mode, change of batch size, change of flow etc.
- Work with Business, Sales, Operations and Finance analysts to understand what changes they make have what impact on cost and spend levels
- Engage with logistics service providers across all modes to understand their cost drivers and what changes made internally can bring lower spend levels
- Help management run Tenders, RFQs, RFPs, where deemed appropriate by developing and providing bid pack data and material / volume flow charts.
- Assist in the preparation of the 2021 annual Freight & Distribution budget by modelling the business plans forward projections
- Help identify savings and potential for spend reductions from the data mining exercise
- Help in the implementation of a freight audit process to ensure the data capured is maintained and readily available in the future.
- Identify and help mitigate any risks in freight in terms of Overspend or Underperformance to agreed SLA's
The successful Interim Global Freight Analyst will be:
- Have at least 5 years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain, ideally across a variety of sectors including manufacturing and FMCG.
- High levels of data management capability - BI, Databases, Excel (high level proficient) and other similar products
- Proficient in MS Office for report writing and documentation (Word / PowerPoint)
- Fluent Written and Spoken English - other languages an advantage
- Exposure to 1 or more Mid to High level ERP system (Navision, Sage or similar)
- At least 2 years' experience working within Freight or Carrier data management positions
- Experience of working with all modes of transport in a multi-site, multi-region environment
The successful Interim Global Freight Analyst will be offered between £40,000 and £60,000 pro rata'd over 9 months. Salary dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.