My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. My client is a Third Party Logistics global brand.
The Interim Head of Distribution in Somerset will be responsible for...
- Be accountable for the delivery of all contractual KPI's and budget requirements across all sites, driving synergies across multiple sites and business units
- Deliver and support the development of the regions strategy in line with the Business Unit strategy
- Drive delivery of organic growth with existing customers by increasing volume from existing contracts for existing sites in collaboration with the KAM
- Set planning profit targets
- Prepare annual ops budget
- Build robust working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure first class operational performance which results in long term partnerships.
- Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis
- Ensure that a best in class HSE performance is achieved within the sites and that a culture of safety in everything we do is embedded.
- Ensure that a high-performance culture is developed and maintained across the BU through the site Leadership teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis
- Build a useful network of external contacts to support business growth and ensure exposure to best practice
The successful candidate must have...
- Previous experience of construction/manufacturing logistics / supply chain with varying levels of complexity
- Ideally you will have knowledge of the complete life cycle of a contract i.e. start-ups and closures along with knowledge of support services / contracts business model (including 3PL)
- High level of understanding of team dynamics and composition with the ability to develop high performing teams
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to engaging with a number of clients with varying requirements at the same time
- Excellent commercial acumen - understands dynamics of 'open/ closed book' contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels. Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance
The Interim Head of Distribution will receive...
- 6 Month Interim
- A salary from £70,000-£90,000 depending on experience
- Day Rate available