Interim Imports Specialist
Interim Imports Specialist required for an initial 6 month contract to ensure imports arriving into the UK are cleared in accordance with all correct controls and procedures.
This position is supporting a FTSE 100 leader in the pharmaceutical industry currently undergoing significant change in their import/export operations.
The role requires managing large volumes of data and transitions. Queries must be dealt with daily and different challenges may occur because of this. Clear and structured document management is key to support audits that may result.
- Provide Broker instructions
- Manage any queries related to imports process
- Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
- Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
- Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
- Update Impatex system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
- Master file data management
- Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
- Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
To be considered, you will have;
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
- Experience of import and export processes
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of inco-terms
If you are interested in the Interim Imports Broker Control Specialist position, please apply prior to Friday 23rd August.