Leading Retailer based in Birmingham.
The successful Interim Operations Development Manager will:
- Work across a number of sites in the Midlands, from a base in Birmingham in supporting operational teams planning for future growth and therefore increased throughput and pressure on the sites.
- Serve as the key lead for data analysis and subsequent solutions design, presenting these to senior stakeholders in gaining business case approval.
- Following approval, formally project management implementation of changes to systems, infrastructure, automation and layouts, working alongside operational and IT teams to ensure project progress and effective tracking of risks and exposure.
The successful Interim Operations Development Manager must have:
- At least 5 years operational grounding within a fast moving Logistics Distribution and Supply chain environment.
- Experience of operating in a multi-channel, or e-commerce fulfilment environment.
- Be comfortable working in an automated environment.
- Show evidence of solution design projects including layout changes, process change, leading changes to automation and labour modelling.
- Demonstrate an operational understanding of B2C market solutions
- Evidence of formal project governance adherence, including RAID logs, project plans and flash reports.
- PRINCE2 qualification desirable but not essential.
- LEAN or Six Sigma exposure desirable.
The successful Interim Operations Development Manager will be offered a pro rata salary equivalent of between £50,000 and £60,000 - dependent on experience within Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain, daily rate arrangements will also be considered.